Thursday, 4 December 2008

time out bar awards

...and the winner is...

Photobucket

Lots of fun was had at the first ever Time Out Bar Awards at the Blacket Hotel in Sydney last night. (I should know, the hangover today is colossal.)

Highlights included a burlesque routine by the very lovely Miss Gypsy Wood, a highly "energetic" performance by Will Anderson and of course THE MAN himself, Peter (G'day) Russell (G'day) Clarke. I have to say, my life is just a little more complete post meeting Mr Clarke. All that kept me from asking "Where's the cheese?" was the fact that I still want to have a job writing for Time Out.

Gongs for Best Bar, Newcomer, Winebar and more went to some very deserving establishments, including Bar of the Year - The Ivy. Other winners included the Bentley Bar, Safety Wolf and North Bondi Italian. In my humble opinion, some amazing places were overlooked in the public vote, including The Shop and Winebar in North Bondi, but that just means they'll be best kept (not so) secrets for just a little longer.

A special award went to the Hollywood Hotel in Surry Hills - and owner Doris was there to accept her award...she was rather overwhelmed with the love in the room for her little piece of Sydney drinking history.

As details emerge and my brain de-fuzzes, I'll post more news about the night.

Cheers (hic), now where's the f*&^n cheese?



0 comments: