Friday, 27 January 2012

pedestrian presents start up


Last week, I had the honour of speaking at Start Up, a series of creative talks hosted by Macleay College in Sydney's Surry Hills. It can sometimes be really hard to find a way to get to your dream creative job and while there's a lot to be said for finding your own way, it's certainly interesting listening to how others have done it.

Alongside an incredibly talented bill of people including John Safran (faint), Kate Waterhouse, Jaime Wirth, Naked Communications, Russh Magazine and The Grand Social (what was I doing there?!), I managed to recount my story so far (I'm not done yet, world) and hopefully give a few bits of advise based on experience.

Thanks to Pedestrian.TV for hosting the event and for having me along.


1 comments:

laterslavery said...

Hi Melissa,

I enjoyed your talk. As I'm just starting up a blog myself, it was interesting to hear how you began and how easily things start to flow once you find what it is you love.

-April